Jan 19, 2008

Beggar's temerity


Stinking roadside collectors. What gives them the right?

Honestly.

Let me first state that there is nothing remotely wrong with charitable organisations appealing to the otherwise non charitable public for their hard-earned. In fact, the velvet pockets are routinely trawled for the benefit of  those less fortunate.


However.... I was stopped at an intersection the other day, and a kerbside collector glanced my way and was given a polite but firm signal - through the unambiguous medium of eye contact - that today was not giving day.

The action he then took was unforgivable. He marched up to my open window and shook his stinking can in my face. 

Disgusting. 

Rather than encourage me to donate, his deplorable gesture made me want to forcefully relocate his receptacle to a place that would render any donation the exclusive privilege of his proctologist.

Anyway, if I want a can shaken in my face, I'll visit a King Street establishment with Alan Didak.

No comments: