Feb 13, 2008

"Sorry" Day

As our Nation's leader has today issued an historic and long overdue apology to the indigenous people of Australia, I thought it a good opportunity to make a few apologies of my own. After all, contrition is quite noble. Looks good on me.


Ready?


*clears throat*


*adopts contrite pose*


I am sorry


To the delightful young family who had the misfortune of entering the elevator in which I had just travelled; on the day after 'curry nite:'


I am sorry


To the traumatised lad outside the bakery, who no doubt had his vocabulary broadened, when overhearing me severely and rather colourfully chastising myself for forgetting my wallet (although, I didn't realise the car window was down):


I am sorry


To those forced to absorb the inane ramblings of a friend or colleague after their purchase of a new timber decking/BMW/HD TV etc. :


I am Sorry


To anyone who lives within earshot of a halfwit with a leafblower:


I am sorry


To anyone who has seen me with my shirt off (includes embattled Velvette):


I am deeply sorry

*waits for heartfelt applause*

1 comment:

SWILUA said...

Haha! Nice. I'm going to have to write my own list someday here.